Lesley Butterfield, Chloe Andersen, and Colleen get together to itemize and discuss the recent **updates** to the Temple Ordinances. As women, we have some pretty strong feels about our temple experiences and how these changes have been handled. Are the changes positive? Have all the harmful, sexist and patriarchal things about the temple now been removed? And what is the effect these changes will have on our active feminist sisters? We have lots to say! What do you think?? Don’t forget to nominate Mormon Happy Hour for a Brodie Award! Link in show notes! As always, if you’d prefer to watch instead of just listen, this interview is available in full video form on Patreon.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Nominate Mormon Happy Hour for a Brodie Award!
- LDS dot org on the New and Everlasting Covenant, you say it’s not Polygamy???
- Rachel Hunt Steenblik: Mother’s Milk
- Lesley Butterfield: Still Seeking Further Light and Knowledge
- Jonathan Streeter: Remnants of Blood Oath in Temple Signs and Tokens
- Lavina Anderson on the Temple
- Blaire Ostler: A Feminist Defense of Polygamy
- Blaire Ostler on Mormon Happy Hour: Queer Polygamy
- Bonus Content and Video for Mormon Happy Hour on Patreon
- VENMO for Mormon Happy Hour one time donations
- Photo Credit NewNameNoah
- Music by bensound.com and by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
- Transition pieces found here