Throw away everything you think you know about patriarchal polygamy and monogamous gender binary scripts, and listen to Blaire Ostler’s mind-blowing theories on Queer Polygamy! Don’t worry, she defines all the poly and amorous words for you, as we talk about deconstructing the traditional beliefs and fears we have about love, deepening and expanding relationships, and exploring our authentic selves. Blaire’s theories are full of love, hope, depth, and ethical understanding. As always, if you’d prefer to watch this video instead of just listen, head over to Mormon Happy Hour on Patreon!
This week Colleen brings 3 guests on to discuss several hot topics in Mormonism. First up, Blaire Ostler, a queer Mormon woman, takes on the Exclusion Policy addition to both the Missionary and Seminary manuals. Second, Marie Kent from My Book of Mormon Podcast hashes out Utah Prop 2, the legalization of medical marijuana. And lastly, New Name Noah Mike Norton gives us an update on what we should be calling the church formerly known as The Mormons. Don’t miss Mike’s upcoming plans for Sam Young’s pending excommunication for asking the LDS Church to stop asking children sexually explicit questions. But those can only be found with all the other full-length videos on our Patreon page!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- SLTrib: Gay policy added to missionary manual
- Wheats and Tares: For seminary students, Exclusion Policy is model of modern revelation
- Bleeding Cool: Ryan Ottley snuck Ex-Mormon reference into Spiderman 4
- The full account of CES Letter author Jeremy Runnell’s Disciplinary Court and Resignation
- Ballotpedia: Utah Proposition 2, the Medical Marijuana Initiative
- KUTV: LDS Church emails Utah Members letter opposing medical marijuana ballot initiative
- VIDEO: Gordon B Hinckley “We do not tell the members how to vote.”
- Cartoon: Medical Marijuana Herbal Supplement with Multi-Level Marketing Potential
- Link to ALL VIGILS in support of Sam Young on Sept 9th, 2018