This week, national media is bursting with references to the roles of LDS Bishops in connection with marital abuse, divorce, childhood sexual development and more. We tackle these issues with a few personal experiences and a relevant MormonLeaks audio recording. But do not despair, there is a brightness this week as we bring you the Instagram account @provoguysamiright. An unholy collection of screenshots from “Brovo, Utah: a land flowing with milk, honey, and NCMO propositions.” Plus, a TBM summary of the stats surrounding the stagnant growth of the LDS Church. And as always, Miranda’s Post Mormon Life Pro Tip, a crash course in Tequila!!!
Patreon Subscribers, thanks to your generous support, we are closer to a camera to bring you weekly video episodes! And, we won 4th place in the Brodie Awards, thank you, listeners, for your votes!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The 2017 Brodie Awards, where we got 4th place! Check this link out for an outstanding collection of Post Mormon creative exhibits.
- Politico: White House aide Rob Porter resigns after allegations from ex-wives
- HuffPost: The Mormon Church has a Domestic Violence Problem
- BuzzFeed News: In the wake of Rob Porter allegations, Mormon women say church leaders encouraged them to stay with their abusers
- MormonLeaks™ Publishes Audio Recordings and Emails between a Mormon Woman and her Stake President
- KUER: One Mental Health Therapist (Julie deAzevedo Hanks) Wants to Remind Mormons that Bishops are not Therapists
- Instagram Account @provoguysamiright
- TBM Blog on Stagnant Church Growth
- ExMormon Reddit Post regarding how we treat TBM loved ones