Jody England Hansen has been asking for updates in the Temple for years now. She is an active member, a feminist, an LGBTQ ally, a Mama Dragon Group Leader, and a progressive thinker with very unique ways of understanding and explaining topics within the LDS Gospel. Join me as I explore with her a list of Temple updates she has been submitting to The Church and also her response to the changes that were made. Issues such as sexist language, teaching the temple ceremony (including temple garments) as figurative and symbolic and not literal, removing worthiness rhetoric from the temple recommend interview, and many other healthy updates. Jody has a fascinating and healing perspective on Temple Ordinances!
- Jody England Hansen on the Temple at Sunstone 2017
- Bonus Content and Video for Mormon Happy Hour on Patreon
- VENMO for Mormon Happy Hour one time donations
- Photo Credit Niki Chan, Salt Lake City Weekly
- Music by bensound.com and by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
- Transition pieces found here