Gina Colvin and I make a case for Secular Lent as she teaches me about her own Lent practices and what she has learned during her deep dives into what Lent is all about. We share our own thoughts on what spirituality means to us as we have left Orthodox Mormonism behind. Be inspired by Gina’s philosophical views of the Liturgical year, the meaning behind each season, and the beauty within the rituals and meditations. What does fasting mean? Why may it be important even after we have left religion behind? As always, please enjoy the full video of this conversation on Patreon, just search Mormon Happy Hour or follow the links in the show notes. Gina Colvin also invites you to join her on March 30th in SLC as she hosts “Farewell to God: A Lenten Retreat” something that sounds a lot like a KonMari to God! Details in the show notes.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Full VIDEO of Secular Lent with Gina Colvin on Patreon
- Gina’s Lent Retreat March 30th in SLC
- Craft Beer (or Cider, Seagrams, Hard Seltzer) Easter Hunt!!!
- VENMO for Mormon Happy Hour one time donations
- Music by bensound.com and by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
- Transition pieces found here
Podcast: Play in new window | Download