Tarot reading and other mystical arts were largely discredited in my Mormon youth, often with allegations of utilizing Satanic powers. Join Sara Hanks herself as we explore her journey into the world of Tarot and the evolution of thought and belief between being an active Mormon and a Tarot card reader. We compare Mormon supernatural fortune telling, such as Patriarchal blessings and Priesthood blessings, and discuss just how mystical Mormonism really is. Bonus! Sara gives me, Colleen, my own reading! Check it out on Patreon/MormonHappyHour right now! If you want to learn more about Cultivating Spirituality Beyond Religion, check out the show notes for a course by the lovely Sara Hanks, registration ends April 28th! Don’t miss a chance to learn how to grow your spiritual garden!
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
- Sara Hank’s Course: “Roots, Seeds and Weeds: Cultivating a Spiritual Garden Beyond Religion”
- VIDEO Episode about Tarot Reading with SKHS
- VIDEO Sara Reads Colleen’s Tarot Cards
- Sara’s Site: Cottonwood Tarot
- Instagram: Cottonwood Tarot
- VENMO for Mormon Happy Hour one time donations
- Music by bensound.com and by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
- Transition pieces found here
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
2 Replies to “MHH69: A Post Mormon Exploration of Tarot Reading”
The tarot episode is amazing! I’ve been doing readings for a little over a year. It was a huge help and strength during my faith transition!!! Thank you for sharing this with your listeners!
I’m so glad you loved it! Tarot, Oracle readings, I have found such an awakening in my own knowledge and power, like a key to my inner goddess, to hear her!! It’s so funny to hear the haters out there say it’s horseshit, but they just aren’t seeing readings for the gift they are! They don’t HAVE to have power, YOU have the power!